Calcot Services for Children are proud to announce the opening of our Crisis Intervention short term service for children and young people aged 5-18 at The Lodge.
Our intention is to nurture talents and interests in an activity based programme in environmentally aware and sustainable surroundings.
We will provide emotional support and therapeutic care, including unique activities and opportunities to develop and grow from crisis situations.
At The Lodge we approach crisis and emergency situations by offering young people the opportunity to engage in a wide range of activities, establishing a conscientious outlook through hands on experience of thoughtful and creative living.
At The Lodge, we:
- Support the development of entrepreneurial skills.
- Provide outstanding outcomes which are fully achieved by this group of disadvantaged and traumatised children and young people.
- Support the children to develop a positive self-view and emotional resilience, whilst providing a positive experience which will carry them into the future, creating opportunity and exceptional progress into adult life.
- Guide them through their childhood with the involvement of therapy and self-esteem building activities which have been proven to have positive effects post-trauma.
- Encourage education on an individual basis, to suit the children’s specific skill sets and learning styles whilst still working alongside the national curriculum.
- Deter negative behaviour and promote health through an activity based and therapeutic programme for each child.
- Provide an innovative array of potential options that cater for the individual children. Creating tailored placement plans with the child to accentuate their strengths through a stimulating and sustainable environment. Nurturing talents and encouraging passions to work towards a stable outcome and emotional recovery.
- Provide a service that notices the issues in the current system regarding outcomes and stable placements, and knows methods of combatting this, through an experienced and dedicated team.